Re: How to set up the number of particle

From: Sander Valcke <Sander.Valcke_at_UGent.be>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:40:00 +0100

Hi Feng-Yin,

the number of particles in an initial conditions file is set in the that
files header. Look in the manual at page 29+, there you can see the
structure of a Gadget-2 snapshot. Table 4 shows you the precise content
of the header, with Npart[6] containing the number of particles of each
type in that file.

How to change the number of particles depends on the IC generator you
are using. It should typically ask you for the number of particles of
each/some type(s) you want to set up. It then enters those numbers into
the snapshot header + generate positions, velocities, ... for the
required number of particles and adds those to the snapshot.

kind regards,

Sander