How to set up the number of particle

From: <fychang.py90g_at_nctu.edu.tw>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:08:41 +0800 (CST)

Hi everyone,
  I'm just a beginner to use Gadget-2 and now trying hard on understanding
the code.
  I've run the example of lcdm-gas.param provided by Gadget but only known
the number of particle
  when reading out the snapshot. Has the number of particle been set in
initial condition?

  Recently, I found the website of the PiTP summer school this year on
computational astrophysics.
  http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/~volker/PiTP_exercises/
  There are several exercises for Gadget-2. I used N-GenIC to generate the
initial condition, however
  I couldn't find any input about the number of particle. In the parameter
file (ics.param), only Nmesh and Nsample
  were set up. However the exercise one asked us to simulate LambdaCDM
cosmology with particle 128^3 or 64^3
   for shrinking the time. How can I reduce the number of particle?

  Thanks,
  Feng-Yin Chang