cooling

From: Marie Schneider <NGC001_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:44:54 +0200

Dear Gadget2-Users,

I am a "Gadget2 beginner" and I have read in the paper (Springel 2005) that
" Radiative cooling and heating by photoionization has been implemented in GADGET-2 in a similar way as in Katz et al. (1996),
i.e. the ionization balance of helium and hydrogen is computed in
the presence of an externally specified time-dependent ultraviolet
background under the assumption of collisional ionization equilib-
rium. Yoshida et al. (2003) recently added a network for the non-
equilibrium treatment of the primordial chemistry of nine species,
allowing cooling by molecular hydrogen to be properly followed."
 .
but the cooling does not seem to be included in the publc released version.
Where can one find more details about the cooling implementation? Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf_at_gmx