Re: Re: HDF5 - Gadget Converter

From: brunetto <brunetto.ziosi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:05:17 +0200

Hi Amit,
I have some Python scripts to read the Gadget output of the Millennium-2,
base on some suggestion from Mike Boylan-Kolchin.
I used them to convert the particles positions from binaries to HDF5,
but I can't convert FOF and subhaloes.
You can find the scripts attached, may be you can fit them to your needs!
As yours, they are not perfect nor "production codes", but they work for me!

I've wrote them more than one year ago when I was a beginner with python,
so it's possible they are also not the best way to do the job.

I'd be happy if you find this scripts useful and if you want to share your code
with me!:)