Re: Running GADGET 2 on Vista

From: Jay Billings <jayjaybillings_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:48:20 -0400

Dimitry,

This is a pretty standard problem with FFTW and Gadget. You can fix it one
of two ways, both of which are documented in the Gadget2 User's Manual,
(chapter 1, I think):

1.) Compile and install FFTW to the same location twice, once in double
precision and once in single precision to get srfftw_mpi and drfftw_mpi type
libraries.
2.) Disable "FFTW type prefixes" in the Gadget2 makefile and compile FFTW
without type prefixes. (Just like disabling HDF5, except a different
option.)

Either way works fine and it really depends on the type of problem you want
to solve. Again, Volker provides a good discussion of this in the User's
Manual.

Jay

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Dimitry Ayzenberg <dayzenbe_at_andrew.cmu.edu