Re: different particles

From: Yves Revaz <yves.revaz_at_epfl.ch>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:11:58 +0200

Hi Florian,

One possibility could be simply to extend the number of type to a value
higher than 6.
Unfortunately in the code the number of type is not coded by a constant
but by
the number 6, so you will have to change this value in a lot of places
in the code :-( .

Then of course, you will have to add new parameters in the gadget param
file,
corresponding to the new types (and read them correctly in begrun.c and
set_softenings in gravtree.c).

SofteningGas
SofteningHalo
SofteningDisk
SofteningBulge
SofteningStars
SofteningBndry
SofteningXxxx
etc...

SofteningGasMaxPhys
SofteningHaloMaxPhys
SofteningDiskMaxPhys
SofteningBulgeMaxPhys
SofteningStarsMaxPhys
SofteningBndryMaxPhys
SofteningXxxxMaxPhys
etc...

Be also carefull to the way the snapshot header will be written, as
npart (and npartTotal)
will have a larger size.

I hope it will help,

yves