ordering of particles

From: Pedro Colin <p.colin_at_astrosmo.unam.mx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:20:37 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I have simulated a galaxy (disk + dm halo) with multiple species. Disk and
(first species) dm halo are located within the same type (1 in this case).
So, initially the first 1 to Ndisk are disk particles and Ndisk+1,...,
Nspecies(1) are dm particles. Later, this is not the case (gadget2
parallel), they are mixed. I thought I could bring the particles back into
original order by assuming that now id(1), ..., id(Ndisk) are the ids of
disk particles; that is, for example, pos(1,id(i)), where i=1, Ndisk, are
the position of the disk particles. Well, this is not the case, so I
wonder what I need to do to identify, for example, the disk particles.

Cheers

PedroColin
CRyA, UNAM
Mexico