Re: re: trees

From: Volker Springel <volker_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:10:39 +0100

Shazrene Mohamed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to build a tree that combines gas
> particles with some other type. I read that setting COMBINETREES will
> build a single tree if the particle types have the same softening. But
> it also says that a separate tree is always built for the gas
> particles.

Hi Shazrene,

The simplest way to achieve this would be to switch to gadget2 - in this
code, there is always a single tree for all particles. In gadget1, code
changes would be required to achieve this. (note that gadget1 is really very
outdated)

> Also is there a fast way of accessing just the leafs (the single
> particles) of a tree without having to do a full tree-walk?

I guess I'm not really understanding your problem... but since the leafs are
just the particles, the simplest way would be to loop over all particles.

Volker