re: trees

From: Shazrene Mohamed <smohamed_at_astro.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:59:50 +0100

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to build a tree that combines gas
particles with some other type. I read that setting COMBINETREES will
build a single tree if the particle types have the same softening. But
it also says that a separate tree is always built for the gas
particles.

Also is there a fast way of accessing just the leafs (the single
particles) of a tree without having to do a full tree-walk?

I'd be very grateful for any advice and I am still using Gadget-1 for
the moment.

thanks
shazrene