Re: 2LPT initial condition

From: Volker Springel <vspringel_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:10:44 +0200

Hi Yuchan,

Yes, the option SECOND_ORDER_LPT_ICS for Adrian's special IC code was only working if the input files were in the old file-format 1. For HDF5 input files (generating this format is probably a new feature in Adrian's code), LptScalingfactor wasn't extraced as an attribute from the header. I have changed this now with this commit:
https://gitlab.mpcdf.mpg.de/vrs/gadget4/-/commit/2de3c6a626db82d0fc916c5c218918f038b403da

Just for clarification, SECOND_ORDER_LPT_ICS is only needed for Adrian's IC code (which also can create zoom-ICs). If you generate ICs with Gadget4's built-in IC generator (which only works for homogeneous boxes), 2LPT can be generated with the NGENIC_2LPT option.

Best,
Volker