Need help to start running Gadget

From: Yahya Alivov <alivov.y_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 05:40:50 -0700

Dear Gadget users,

I have problem in getting Gadget-2 work, I would appreciate if you could
help me. My problem is as follows. I am working in Ubuntu, I successfully
installed GSL, FFTW, and MPICH, and created Gadget2 executable. But when I
run Gadget, I get message which is copy-pasted below, please see first
message. This message says "cannot create regular file
parameters-usedvalues"; but this not true, I do see file
"parameters-usedvalues" in the folder, from which I run Gadget2. Second,
this message says "You must set `PeriodicBoundariesOn=1"; following this
guide I change "0" to "1" in parameter file, but I get another error
message, which I also copy-pasted below, please see second message. Do you
have any suggestions? I would appreciate your help. Thank you much in
advance!

Yahya.

*First message:*

This is Gadget, version `2.0'.

Running on 2 processors.
cp: cannot create regular file
‘home/alivov/Downloads/Gadget-2.0.7/galaxy/parameters-usedvalues’: No such
file or directory
Code was compiled with periodic boundary conditions switched on.
You must set `PeriodicBoundariesOn=1', or recompile the code.

*Second message:*

This is Gadget, version `2.0'.

Running on 2 processors.
cp: cannot create regular file
‘home/alivov/Downloads/Gadget-2.0.7/galaxy/parameters-usedvalues’: No such
file or directory

Allocated 25 MByte communication buffer per processor.

Communication buffer has room for 504122 particles in gravity computation
Communication buffer has room for 204800 particles in density computation
Communication buffer has room for 163840 particles in hydro computation
Communication buffer has room for 152408 particles in domain decomposition

Hubble (internal units) = 0.1
G (internal units) = 43007.1
UnitMass_in_g = 1.989e+43
UnitTime_in_s = 3.08568e+16
UnitVelocity_in_cm_per_s = 100000
UnitDensity_in_cgs = 6.76991e-22
UnitEnergy_in_cgs = 1.989e+53

error in opening file 'home/alivov/Downloads/Gadget-2.0.7/galaxy/cpu.txt'
task 0: endrun called with an error level of 1

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= PID 23795 RUNNING AT yahya
= EXIT CODE: 1
= CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
= YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES