Re: Tabulated Power Spectrum and Initial Conditions

From: Antonio Bibiano <antbbn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:28:14 +1000

Thank you for your reply!
So to understand how to correctly tabulate the initial power spectrum i
looked at the code and understood that the table should be in the format:
log10(k [your units]) log10(4 Pi k^3 P(k) [no units])

Am I right? this might be useful to someone since the usual CAMB and CLASS
output is:
k [h/Mpc] P(k) [Mpc/h)^3]

I also looked at the inputspec_ics.txt file that N-geniIC creates and
looked at the code that generates it to understand what is it's format
(only the first two columns),
i understood that the format this time is
k [internal units] 4 Pi k^3 k^(PrimordialIndex-1) P(k) [internal
units]
am i right?

So looking at this file when using one of the fitting functions it contains
the power spectrum at the starting redshift and the second column is
generated using those two lines of code in main.c:
575: po = PowerSpec(k);
576: dl = 4.0 * PI * k * k * k * po;
So i argue that PowerSpec(k) should give the power spectrum at the starting
redshift, not redshift 0, right?
If this is the case then i cannot understand the comment in this snippet of
code (main.c):
214: p_of_k = PowerSpec(kmag);
216: p_of_k *= -log(ampl);
218: delta = fac * sqrt(p_of_k) / Dplus; /* scale back to
starting redshift */
which contains the only occurrence of Dplus (the variable holding the growt
factor which is 1.0 if I use a tabulated power spectrum properly
normalized for the starting redshift and ReNormalizeInputSpectrum = 0).
So is the comment somehow misleading or that's the right behavior? Because
it seems like this line espects a powerspectrum a z=0 and scales back to
the starting redshift (z=Redshift from the input file).

I hope i was clear about my doubt.
Thanks for your help!

Antonio Bibiano