Re: Compute Local density for No Gas particles

From: Yves Revaz <yves.revaz_at_epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:59:22 +0200

Dear Magda,

This is not trivial to do in Gagdget2, as to compute the density
(and hydro) you need to use the SphP structure. But this structure
exists by default only for type 0 (gas) particles.

If you don't use the hydro part, one very easy way to implement what
you need is to move your type 2 particles into time 0, and disable the
hydro forces.

If this is not sufficient for your purpose, you need to extend the SphP
structure to
other particles. This is of course possible, but much more tricky.

yves

--
                                                 (o o)