Re: Help to run gadget2 in macbook

From: Sander Valcke <Sander.Valcke_at_UGent.be>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:10:00 +0100

Hi Prem,

as you can see the error is with the linking against the fftw library.
I'm going to assume here that you haven't thouroughly followed the
specifics given in the gadget users guide ; ) You'll have to check which
fftw version you installed: the single precision or the double
precision. If double: enable -DDOUBLEPRECISION_FFTW in the Makefile. If
your fftw library was created without the 's' or 'd' prefix: enable
-DNOTYPEPREFIX_FFTW.

You can check which library you have by looking at the name of the fftw
libraries, i.e. libdfftw.a (possibly .dylib on your system) for double
precision, libsfftw.a for single precision or libfftw.a for the library
without type prefix. All of this is actually detailed very well in the
gadget users guide.

hth,

Sander

--
| Sander Valcke                                  |
| Sterrenkundig Observatorium, Universiteit Gent |
| Krijgslaan 281 S9, B-9000 Gent, Belgium        |
| phone +32-9-264-4796  |  fax +32-9-264-4989    |
| http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/hyplot/  |
It's hard to argue that God hated Oklahoma.  If He didn't, why is it so
close to Texas?