glass ics

From: Pedro Colin <p.colin_at_astrosmo.unam.mx>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:34:47 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

I'd like to generate warm dark matter simulations using glass pre-ics. For
this reason, I went to gadget2 and use the option -DMAKEGLASS. In a
simulation should be set:

PERIODIC
 PMGRID=(mesh resolution)
 SYNCHRONIZATION
 NOSTOP_WHEN_BELOW_MINTIMESTEP
 PEANOHILBERT
 WALLCLOCK
 MAKEGLASS=(particle number)

and

The parameterfile for making a glass should be one appropriate for a
cosmological simulation with Omega=1.0, and fixed timesteps, ETC.

So, I did what Volker and the manual suggested; in particular, I have
run the simulation for more than 100 timesteps.

I am not sure if the results I am getting are correct because when I measure
the power spectrum (a double power law) this has a relatively high amplitude: at
high frecuencies it is comparable or higher than the power spectrum of the
wdm simulation itself (generated using grid pre-ics and Zeldovich
approximation). So, it looks like that glass pre-ics produces too much
noise.

Cheers,

Pedro