multiple mass

From: Pedro Colin <p.colin_at_astrosmo.unam.mx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:58:25 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I run a cosmological simulation with Gadget-2.0 with multiple species
(three), one species is eight times more massive than the next. The ICs
were generated using the multiple mass version of PMstart (A. Klypin) and
converted to Gadget format. This is actually a test because the simulation
has already run with the multiple mass scheme version of ART. For some
reason, Gadget-2.0 is producing particles which have speeds faster than
those produced by ART (at z=9 for example Gadget vrms is twice bigger than
ART vrms). I have checked that velocities in both ICs (for Gadget-2.0
and ART) are the same: they give identical <v> and vrms. BTW, I use the
-PMGRID option but it does not matter because the old way of evolving the system
produce similar results. Does anyone have any hint?

Pedro Colin