Re: Gadget4 Makefile (gadgetconfig.h)

From: Tiago Castro <tiagobscastro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:01:21 +0100

Hi Sipho,

  You are indeed supposed not to touch the Makefile. You should only select
your systype on Makefile.systype and look at the corresponding files inside
buildsystem to check if all paths are correctly set. Anyway, your
installation seems to fail because it could not find python on your
machine. If you are not on the hydra cluster, selecting hydra on your
systype will lead to further problems.

Hope it helps!
Cheers,

Em sáb., 5 de nov. de 2022 às 07:22, Sipho Lukhozi <sslukhozi_at_gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Dear Gadget4 users,
>
> I am a student trying to follow the Gadget4 instructions to run Nbody/SPH
> simulations. I have some experience with Gadget2, but Gadget4 appears to be
> configured differently.
> I have followed the instructions but I am still unsuccessful in producing
> a Gadget4 executable. I suspect something is not right with my Makefile
> (but I didn't edit it) or my Make,Systype (I only uncommented one computer
> name - 'hydra'). Here is the error I am getting below (ubuntu terminal):
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> It looks like it is failing to build 'gadgetconfig.h' or not finding it.
> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Sipho

image_png