RE: fof can't work in multiple node

From: HU, Rui <1155168718_at_link.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 14:29:56 +0000

Hi Volker,

The full log has emailed you privately (because it's nearly 3MB) (please check your email box even the junk box?)

The following are some key points:

Code was compiled with the following settings:
    CAMBNOLOG
    CREATE_GRID
    FOF
    NGENIC=128
    NGENIC_2LPT
    NGENIC_FIX_MODE_AMPLITUDES
    PERIODIC
    PMGRID=256
    POWERSPEC_ON_OUTPUT
    SELFGRAVITY
    SUBFIND

FOF: We shall first compute a group catalog for this snapshot file
FOF: Begin to compute FoF group catalogue... (presently allocated=8.39948 MB)
FOF: Comoving linking length: 329.526
TREE: Full tree construction for all particles. (presently allocated=9.40948 MB)
FOFTREE: Ngb-tree construction done. took 0.0125011 sec <numnodes>=5424.21 NTopnodes=585 NTopleaves=512
FOF: Start linking particles (presently allocated=9.72656 MB)
FOF: linking of small cells took 1.68094e-05 sec
FOF: local links done (took 0.0284756 sec, avg-work=0.0215296, imbalance=1.28485).
FOF: Marked=225356 out of the 2097152 primaries which are linked
FOF: begin linking across processors (presently allocated=9.84052 MB)
Code termination on task=10, function treefind_fof_primary(), file src/fof/fof_findgroups.cc, line 315: unexpected because in the present algorithm we are only allowed walk local branches

Hope this could help.

Bests,
Rui