Gadget4 hangs with a zoomed-in IC

From: Weiguang Cui <cuiweiguang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:00:06 +0000

Dear all,

My test run with a zoomed-in IC generated with MUSIC hangs, the job is
running, but no outputs in the log file and no error is reported. It seems
that the program can not write group catalogues for this particular output
redshift. I have checked several things: previous outputs are fine; there
is no problem with my disk space or the memory cost; I have tried to tune
several parameters, but it always hangs at the same step; the zoomed-in IC
runs fine with GIZMO.
I attached the abridged log file, please let me know if you spot anything
that is set unreasonably. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Best,
Weiguang

https://weiguangcui.github.io/