Time-dependent artificial viscosity

From: Leonard Romano <leonard.romano_at_tum.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 22:04:52 +0200

Dear gadget-list members,

I noticed some possibly major issues with the current implementation of
time-dependent artificial viscosity:

 1. The decay velocity is computed during the density loop, using Csnd
    even though Csnd depends on the density that is still to be computed
 2. Alpha is integrated during the density loop, which in particular
    means that it will be integrated in time as many times as loops are
    necessary to reach a good density estimate. I think that this should
    be moved somewhere outside the density loop to ensure correct
    synchronization

I am worried that with these issues, it might not work as intended. I
suggest for the decay velocity to compute it during the force loop and
integrating Alpha during the kick operations.

Best,
Leonard

--
Leonard Romano, B.Sc.(レオナルド・ロマノ)