Re: Do thermodynamic quantities scale correctly in cosmological simulations?

From: Leonard Romano <leonard.romano_at_tum.de>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 16:30:10 +0200

Hello Volker,

Thank you for the clarification! After reading your answer, I carefully
went through the SPH part of the code and I think there really is no
inconsistency.
I did find one small inconsistency in the function
"init_basic(simparticles *Sp_ptr)" in "snap_io.cc". If OUTPUT_PRESSURE
is enabled, an output field for pressure is initialised. This field
scales incorrectly with a and h. Instead of A=-3 and H=2 it should be
-3*GAMMA and 2*GAMMA right?
While this is not really problematic for the functionality of the code
itself, it might cause problems with automated analysis scripts that
directly use the header information of each field.

Best,
Leonard