Conflict with FOF and Starformation

From: Leonard Romano <leonard.romano_at_tum.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 18:22:04 +0200

Dear Gadget list members,

I am running cosmological simulations with star formation and experience
crashes whenever gas particles are converted into stars in the same step
as a snapshot is written. In particular as soon as
"particle_exchange_based_on_PS" is called it crashes with the error
"Bummer2".
My guess would be that the particle list has not been reordered yet as
it would be right before a domain decomposition and so a call to
"domain_rearrange_particle_sequence" seems to be missing.
I propose promoting "domain_rearrange_particle_sequence" to a public
method and calling it right before the I/O in order to avoid similar
problems.

Best,
Leonard

--