Re: Timer "ngbtreebuild" never called (G4)

From: Volker Springel <vspringel_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:27:44 +0100

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for pointing this out. You are right, CPU_NGBTREEBUILD timer and ngbtreebuild were not accumulated anywhere. Unfortunately, a side effect of the templated code Gadget4 uses for the tree construction (which is reused in identical form for gravity tree, neighbour tree, various trees in FOF and Subfind), the ordinary timer for the tree-build measures the times for all these tree constructions together. So it is now slighty involved to pull out the time for the neighbor tree construction as a separate measurement. For the moment, I have therefore removed "ngbtreebuild" as redundant and misleading, and one needs to be aware that "treebuild" measures all tree construction times combined, and not just those related to the gravity tree.

Cheers,
Volker