Newtonian simulations of dark matter only sphere

From: ABINASH KUMAR SHAW <abinashkumarshaw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 18:01:26 +0530

Hello,

I am trying to study time evolution of the density profile of a single dark
matter only halo in Newtonian space (without boundary) using Gadget-2. My
initial condition file contains a spherical distribution of only the cold
dark matter particle which is written in gadget format. I am following the
example of the gassphere (provided with the code) to evolve the CDM halo. I
expect the density profile to show the cusp at the halo centre whereas I am
getting a core. I understand that a core forms when there are baryons in
addition to the CDM. There are no baryons here, however I expect that
somehow baryonic interaction is still taking place. So, do I need to modify
the code of my simulations; or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Abinash Kumar Shaw

*Senior Research Fellow*
*Department of Physics*
*Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur*
*Kharagpur, India -- 721302.*