Gadget-2 on multinode on Stampede with SLURM job script

From: tazkera haque <h.tazkera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:08:46 -0500

Hi,

I have installed Gadget 2 on Stampede and trying to run a test simulation
of colliding galaxy with 60000 particles. I am using the mvapich2 mpi
library and submitting the job through a SLURM script. My simulation ran
fine with 1 node and upto 16 processors and I got output files.

But now I am trying 2 nodes and 32 processors and instead of binary or hdf5
output files, I am getting some .dat files and my job gets exited with
error.
I was wondering if Gadget 2 can be run on nulti-node and beyond 16
processors anyway. and why is that error occurring at the first place?

I am also attaching the job script, error files and parameter files for
your convenience.

Thanks
Tazkera