Re: Installing and running Gadget 2 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

From: turhan nasri <turhannasri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 18:25:29 -0500

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for your nice suggestion and time. I successfully ran
the simulation for 3 s and got some output files. Now to visualize the
files, I installed SPLASH from this site:
http://users.monash.edu.au/~dprice/splash/download.html

I did everything accordingly.
Now I go back to the directory where I have my output files and do the
following:

trina_at_Trina-PC:~/Downloads/Gadget-2.0.7/galaxy$ gsplash snapshot_00*

and get the follwoing error:
gsplash: error while loading shared libraries: libgiza.so.0: cannot open

I was wondering if I have to link the splash directory here somehow or
what. after I did sudo make install in terminal, this is the path to
gsplash
/usr/local//bin/gsplash

your help is appreciated and thanks.

Turhan