Re: Galaxy Simulations Run Very Slow

From: Enders <florian.enders_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 05:37:59 +0200

Hello,

probably a stupid question, but did you check if you ran out of memory
and started swapping??

Every processor you add increases the amount of memory you need!
12 processors sharing 24GB with 33 million particles could be to much.

At home I have a 6 processor pc with 4GB of memory. 4.5 million particles
with 5 processors need around 3.8 GB of memory. With 6 processors it
started
swapping.

with regards Enders