Re: How to pass from the equations to the code and to the highly optimized code

From: Yves Revaz <yves.revaz_at_epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:43:09 +0200

On 09/03/2012 11:14 AM, brunetto wrote:
> Hi all!
> I would like to thank all of you that provide me articles and lectures
> references
> on N-body simulation.
> I've read them all, but I'm still stuck in understanding the (Gadget)
> source code enough to be able to modify it!
> Is there some literature on how to pass from the equations to the code
> and to the highly optimized code?

Dear Brunetto,

To my knowledge, there is no documentation on how to pass from the
equations to the code.
However, if you take all equations from the Springel papers (2002,2005)
and cross combine with
the code (for example the hydro_evaluate routine if you want to
understand the sph equations of motions),
its quite easy to understand how the code works.

yves

--
                                                 (o o)