Re: gas smoothing length options

From: Nathan Goldbaum <goldbaum_at_ucolick.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:27:39 -0700

Hi Dave,

In that case your smoothing lengths will be overwritten when the gas smoothing lengths are recalculated in density.c. If you want to calculate the gas density using the smoothing lengths you're writing out to the initial conditions file, you'll need to modify density.c so they are not immediately overwritten.

Apologies if you already know this, but In general it's a bad idea to impose a non-adaptive smoothing length in SPH calculations. See Price 2012 Section 2.4.

-Nathan