Re: Can restart files be turned off

From: Markus Wadepuhl <wadepuhl_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:21:36 +0200

Hi Tim,
I could think of two pretty simple modifications to suppress the writing
of restart files.
- If you don't want to modify the code, just set CpuTimeBetRestarFile in
the parameterfile to a ridiculous high number like 99999999999999.9
which would tell Gadget to write restartfiles every 3.17098e+06 years.
- If that's not enough and you want to switch them off completely, go to
begrun.c and find the line:
       restart(0); /* write an occasional restart file */
, convert this line into a comment and you should never get a restart
file again. A few lines below is another line:
   restart(0);
which you may also want to comment out. This line writes a restart file
after the simulation has reached TimeMax.

Hope that helps,
Markus