Oct-tree construction and particle insertion

From: Aldo Alberto Batta Marquez <abatta_at_astro.unam.mx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:02:06 -0500

Dear all,

I'm working on simulations of gas accretion onto a BH. Basically I want to
modify the gravitational potential for the BH, but in order to do so, I need
to know exactly how the tree construction works. I'm having some troubles
with what some variables or pointers stand for.

In particular one of the pointers used in the function
force_treebuild_single( ) during the insertion of particles is giving me a
headache:

th = DomainNodeIndex[no]

I just can't get my finger on the values this "DomainNodeIndex[no]" can
take. I presume the value of this pointer changes in such a way that the
node selected for the particle insertion corresponds to the node at the
correct level of the tree. But I can find the place were DomainNodeIndex[no]
is asigned a value.

Am I correct about the function of DomainNodeIndex[no] ?

I really hope someone can give me a hint on this.

Thanks in advance.

Aldo Batta.

--
Instituto de Astronomia
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)