Re: IC files

From: Scott Wales <wales_at_physics.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:39:06 +1000

Hi Dimitry,

The blocks should be big enough to hold the data for all particles.
Gadget probably checks the block size is exactly that amount.

The header must be 256 bytes (a struct with the correct format is
defined in allvars.h), for the rest check the user's guide, for
example the positions block should be 3*N*sizeof(float) bytes, where N
is the sum of elements in header.npart.

fprintf outputs text, to output binary data use fwrite (since you're
on windows make sure to open the file as binary data).

Scott