Re: Running GADGET 2 on Vista

From: Dimitry Ayzenberg <dayzenbe_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:40:12 -0400

Well okay. I finished the configuration for lam mpi. Then I ran make like
the instructions say. Took forever, but then it stopped saying something
like access is denied for it to change a folder name. I figured it was
mostly done anyway so I then ran make install. After some time it hit the
same issue. I then tried to run make on gadget again. Some of the errors
went away and the only one that seems to be present is that mpio.h can't
be found. It says the issue exists in mpi.h so I looked in there. I tried
to have mpi.h include mpio.h by going straight to the file location, but
that didn't work. I now moved the lam folder to my C drive hopefully so
that there's no issue with permission. It was in my user folder before. I
ran make clean and am now running make. Hopefully it'll complete this
time.

-Dimitry