Running Gadget-2 on Mac OS X

From: Edward Macaulay <Edward.Macaulay_at_astro.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:13:23 -0000

Hi,

I'm trying to run Gadget-2 on OS X (on an iMac, to start with). I've configured the plugins described in the user guide, and I'm trying to run one of the example parameter files. However, I can't find the actual Gadget2 executable file, so I haven't been able to try any of the examples. Does anyone know where it is? I've included the command line from where I was trying to run the program:

bash-3.2$ ls
AUTHORS COPYING Documentation ICs
Analysis COPYRIGHT Gadget2 README
bash-3.2$ cd Gadget2/
bash-3.2$ cd parameterfiles/
bash-3.2$ ls
cluster.Makefile galaxy.param lcdm_gas.Makefile
cluster.param gassphere.Makefile lcdm_gas.param
galaxy.Makefile gassphere.param outputs_lcdm_gas.txt
bash-3.2$ ./Gadget2 gassphere.param
bash: ./Gadget2: No such file or directory
bash-3.2$

thanks very much for any help

Edward