Re: domain decomposition error, exit codes: 137

From: Luca Tornatore <tornator_at_oats.inaf.it>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:53:20 +0200

Hi Sami,

you may try to lower the parameter TOPNODEFACTOR that you find at the
begin of domain.c.
Basically the particles are grouped in little chunks that actually
represents the
atomic units of the domain decomposition.
The size of those chunks is determined by TOPNODEFACTOR * NTask: i.e.,
once TOPNODEFACTOR is set, the chunk size is lower as NTask grows.
As a consequence a larger number of topnodes are created and you may run
out of memory (no messages about something similar?).

Then, you have two choices: either you decrease TOPNODEFACTOR when
NTask increase (a factor of two should work) or you increment MAXTOPNODES
in allvars.h.

All this is valid just in the case you run out of memory for the reasons
stated
above.

Just try, is takes a second

cheers,