Re: Varying the Execution time (problem size)

From: Revaz Yves <yves.revaz_at_epfl.ch>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:58:24 +0100

Sanjay,

Well, I'm not sure to understand clearly what you want to do.
If you want to increase the CPU time needed to run the example
lcdm_gas.param,
you can of course increase the number of particles, i.e, creating a new
gassphere_littleendian.dat
file, which is not so easy at the beginning.
Easier to do is to vary the accuracy of time integration (see section
Accuracy of time integration
in gassphere.param). For example, decreasing ErrTolIntAccuracy will
increase the CPU time.
Or decreasing ErrTolTheta will also strongly increase the CPU time.

Cheers,

yves