error while changing particle types

From: Paul Taylor <ptaylor_at_astro.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:12:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi-

   I've got a simulation where I change particle types to simulate
accretion; P[i].Type=0 particles go to P[i].Type=5 particles when they're
accreted, and then I reorder the lists so that all the N_gas
(SPH) particles are first, followed by the Type5 ones. That all seems to
be working ok, I'm calling the conversion/rearranging in the run.c file,
between the every_timestep_stuff() and domain_Decomposition() calls.
However, the process will just get stuck after a particle has been
converted/rearranged, and using the the gdb to see what's happening, it's
getting stuck at this point:

0x5590d3a1 in gettimeofday () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

(the first line is me interrupting the process). Other people I know have
had this problem as well. I have no idea why it would have to do with
gettimeofday... Any suggestions?

Cheers,
PT