Re: "failed to allocate 0 MB of memory"

From: Volker Springel <volker_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:31:39 +0100

Hi,

Certain operating systems return "0" (failure) when one tries to
allocate 0 bytes, while others return something non-zero (success).

The version of gadget you're using - which is apparently not the public
one - assumes the latter (which is unsafe and not fully portable). For
the moment, you can change the line

  ptr = malloc(n);

  ptr = malloc(n + 1);

in the function mymalloc() in file mymalloc.c
This should fix it.

Volker