Re: "maximum number [number] of tree-nodes reached"

From: <ludlow_at_uvic.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joerg,
I recently started using Gadget2 and had the same trouble. The code
parameter which will remedy the problem is TreeAllocFac, which controls
how many tree nodes are allocated per processor. It is set at 0.8 as a
standard value, which will work for large numbers of particles per
processor. I first noticed this problem while I was testing CPU scalings
on a couple super computers and running somewhat small runs on large
numbers of processors (similar to the runs you quoted below actually).
Volker suggested increasing Treeallocfac from 0.8 to 1.2, or 1.5 to be
safe and that it shouldn't affect the performance of the code.

I hope this helps.

Aaron

Aaron D. Ludlow
Department of Physics and Astronomy Tel: +1-250-721-8819
University of Victoria Fax: +1-250-721-7715
3800 Finnerty Road email: ludlow_at_uvic.ca
Victoria, BC V8P 5C2 CANADA