GADGET-2 released

From: Volker Springel <volker_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 20:31:33 +0200

Hi,

At some point in the past, you expressed an interest in the simulation
code GADGET. The purpose of this message is to let you know that a new
major version of the code has been made publically available. This code
'GADGET-2' can be obtained from http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/gadget,
and its numerical methods are described in detail in the paper
astro-ph/0505010.

You probably once asked me to put your email-address on a mailing list
for GADGET... Well, this mailing list never really was set up properly.
However, it now works. In fact, there are two mailing lists, one for
announcements like this one (I took the freedom to register your
email-address for this "gadget-announce" list), and one for a general
discussion of GADGET related issues ("gadget-list"). You can subscribe
or unsubscribe from these lists by following the instructions given on
the above web-page. There, you can also find an html-archive of the
emails exchanged on these lists.

Greetings,
Volker Springel