Re: Error from function deal_with_sph_node_request

From: Goddard, Julianne <Julianne.Goddard_at_uky.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 01:45:15 +0000

Hello,

I have just a quick update on this issue regarding running on other clusters. Without making any changes to Gadget-4 I have run the same simulation using the AMD cluster mentioned in my last email and on Stampede-2 at TACC. On our AMD cluster the simulation ran to completion in parallel, however it did still crash twice while on the function deal_with_sph_node_request() and after being restarted passed the error both times.

On Stampede2 I have experienced almost the same thing, the simulation ran until z=2.7 and then crashed with the same error, I have restarted and am waiting to see if it can also pass the error on this cluster.

Best,
Julianne