Boxsize of 3 Mpc simulates EXACTLY the same regions as Boxsize = 10 Mpc

From: Hassan Fathivavsari <h.fathie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 10:52:54 +0200

Dear all,

I have changed the BoxSize in the param.txt file in
the /examples/DM-L50-N128 folder
to BoxSize = 10 Mpc and ran the simulation.

I then changed the BoxSize to BoxSize = 3 Mpc and ran the simulation again.

When I compare the snapshots of the two simulations, I see that they
represent
the same regions with the same structures, sub structures, ... etc.

But I expected the simulation with BoxSize = 3 to represent only a
sub-section
of the simulation with BoxSize = 10. But this is not the case and the two
simulations
almost exactly look like each other (with some minor variations).

I would be grateful for any clarification in this issue.

Many thanks.
Best regards,
Hassan