Re: Domain decomposition dominating computational cost

From: Leonard Romano <leonard.romano_at_tum.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:02:07 +0200

Dear gadget-list members,

In the course of furthering my understanding of the issue I performed a
health-test using the available config option provided with G4.
Attached is the corresponding log output for a run, on a representative
subset of the available nodes of the cluster I am working on.
Looking at these results it seems very surprising for me, that the data
transmission rate for the intranode cube is so much lower than the one
for the internode cube. This makes me wonder if maybe in the code the
words "inter" and "intra" were swapped (I would expect "intra" to mean
within a node and "inter" between separate nodes). The resulting full
hypercube communication seems very slow too, so overall, I think there
might be a problem with the machines anyways, but it would be helpful if
someone could clear up this issue, so I can provide accurate information
to the system administration.

Best regards,
Leonard Romano

--