Re: Conflict with FOF and Starformation

From: Volker Springel <vspringel_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 14:36:24 +0200

Dear Leonard,

Thanks for pointing out this problem. I agree with your analysis. The fix to simply call domain_rearrange_particle_sequence() can have some problematic side effects in some situations however (it invalidates the SPH neighbor search tree, but this may still be used before its next reconstruction). I think it should be safe to simply do a full domain decomposition before a snapshot/FOF is done when star formation is active.

I have added such thing in lines 525-530 of src/main/run.cc. If this doesn't cure the problem for you, please speak up.

Best,
Volker