Re: Segmentation Fault on DMO runs on power9

From: Volker Springel <vspringel_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:57:53 +0100

Hi Tiago,

Hm, it possibly is a shared memory access problem given the place where this happens. Does the code run on a single node? Which MPI library is this? Certainly a buggy MPI-3 support is a primary suspect for this. It's also peculiar that the machine allows only 40% of the physical memory to be allocated as shared memory... (this is not good).

You can try to activate DEBUG to see whether this gives a core file for the crash. This would allow to locate the line where this happens by loading the core-file with gdb.

Another possibility would be to add the attached stack-tracing class to the compiled files for Gagdet4. This will activate a signal handler and - if you are moderately lucky - print an informative stack-trace when the crash happens.

Regards,
Volker