Re: New Subfind (Gadget-4) replicating blocks?

From: Volker Springel <vspringel_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:31:16 +0100

Hi Tiago,

Thanks for pointing this out. The second occurrence of the tag "FMAS" is really a different field, namely "GroupAscale", which gives the scale factor of the halo (this is only really of interest for lightcone group catalogues). The corresponding file-format-2 identifier has now been renamed FMAA to avoid it's duplicate use. Of course, this small issue is only noticeable if you use the fileformat 2 to begin with... (I'd recommend to switche to HDF5, format 3).

Best,
Volker