Re: Installing and running Gadget 2 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

From: Jesus M Salas <jesusms_at_astro.ucla.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 00:01:51 -0800 (PST)

It should be
mpirun -np 2 ./Gadget2 galaxy.param

Hope this helps

-Jesus

----- Original Message -----

From: "turhan nasri" <turhannasri_at_gmail.com>
To: gadget-list_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:43:53 PM
Subject: [gadget-list] Installing and running Gadget 2 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Hi,

I am just starting to learn SPH simulation. I was following this tutorial: https://astrobites.org/2011/04/02/installing-and-running-gadget-2/

It seems I succesfully generated the executable Gadget2 inside the /Gadget2 directory, then I copied both the Gadget2 executable and galaxy.param file to a newly created galaxy directory. However when I run:

mpirun -np 2 ./Gadget2 ./galaxy.param

I get the following error:

./Gadget2: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./Gadget2: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I believe it has to do something with my Makefile. I am sharing the adjust settings for target computer part, if it gives any hint to the error:

#--------------------------------------- Select target computer

SYSTYPE="trina"
#SYSTYPE="Mako"
#SYSTYPE="Regatta"
#SYSTYPE="RZG_LinuxCluster"
#SYSTYPE="RZG_LinuxCluster-gcc"
#SYSTYPE="OpteronMPA"
#SYSTYPE="OPA-Cluster32"
#SYSTYPE="OPA-Cluster64"

#--------------------------------------- Adjust settings for target computer

ifeq ($(SYSTYPE),"trina")
CC = mpicc
OPTIMIZE = -O3 -Wall
GSL_INCL = -I/usr/local/include
GSL_LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib
FFTW_INCL= -I/usr/local/include
FFTW_LIBS= -L/usr/local/lib
MPICHLIB = -L/usr/lib
endif

I thought if there were error in makefile, the executable would not have created at the first place. But the executable was there and I have this error. I would very much appreciate if anyone has any suggestion on this. thanks

Turhan

[Text File:footer.txt]