Re: Aquila Project Initial Conditions

From: Jared Coughlin <Jared.W.Coughlin.29_at_nd.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:32:17 -0400

Thank you very much! That appears to have solved my problem! Yes, that
would be helpful if that had been on their website, as I had been assuming
floats. Thank you again!
-Jared
On Apr 15, 2015 11:06 AM, "Volker Springel" <volker_at_mpa-garching.mpg.de>
wrote:

>
>
> Hi Jared,
>
> I have checked these initial conditions. They seem to be fine, and the
> block structure is correct - but, they are stored in double precision, not
> in single precision (the latter is the default in Gadget2). Evidently, it
> would be good if this was stated on the web site.
>
> Regards,
> Volker Springel
>
>
> On Apr 7, 2015, at 10:42 PM, Jared Coughlin <Jared.W.Coughlin.29_at_nd.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello! I recently downloaded the sph version of the Aquila project
> initial conditions from here:
> >
> > http://www.aip.de/People/cscannapieco/aquila/ICs/Gadget/
> >
> > The note says that the ics are in gadget format with units of 10^10
> M_sun /h, Mpc/h, and km/s. I obtained the cosmological parameters from
> their paper:
> >
> > http://arxiv.org/pdf/1112.0315v3.pdf
> >
> > I tried running the Aq-C-6 ics but encountered several problems. First,
> gadget told me that it detected incorrect block sizes. I have since
> written a code that fixed this and also checked to make sure that the data
> itself was untouched by this procedure.
> >
> > The second problem, however, is that gadget, in the function check_omega
> in init.c, is obtaining a value of omega = 2.6e13, when it is supposed to
> be .25. I'm fairly certain that this is a units problem, and I was just
> wondering if anyone had worked with these ics before?
> >
> > For cosmology I have:
> > Omega0 = .25
> > OmegaLambda = .75
> > OmegaBaryone = 0.04
> > HubbleParam = 0.73
> > BoxSize = 100.0 (This should be in Mpc / h, which is the
> unit of length that the Aquila project uses. I got this from Springel et
> al. 2008)
> >
> > For the system of units I have:
> > UnitLength_in_cm = 3.085678e24
> > UnitMass_in_g = 1.989e43
> > UnitVelocity_in_cm_per_s = 1e5
> >
> > I'm pretty sure this system matches the note on the Aquila project site,
> but I could be wrong. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank
> you very much!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > -Jared
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, send mail to
> > minimalist_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.de with a subject of: unsubscribe
> gadget-list
> > A web-archive of this mailing list is available here:
> > http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/gadget/gadget-list
>
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, send mail to
> minimalist_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.de with a subject of: unsubscribe gadget-list
> A web-archive of this mailing list is available here:
> http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/gadget/gadget-list
>
Received on 2015-04-15 18:32:57

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : 2022-09-01 14:03:42 CEST