(unknown charset) Increasing message sizes for MPI

From: (unknown charset) Мозолев Дмитрий <spl-2305_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 22:01:53 +0400

Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to increase the size of the messages that MPI processes pass to each other.
Is there any way to do that by changing parameter files for task examples that are provided with Gadget distribution?

I'm developing a mapping method for Blue Gene architecture and Gadget fits very well into my model, but mapping doesn't seem to affect the
simulation time for example tasks (at least for 'not so big' partition sizes, 256-512 cores). I studied the traces and it seems that it happens because processes exchange
very small portions of data very frequently, and most of the time is spent on executing MPI send protocols and actual physical mapping causes almost none effect.

Maybe there is some particular kind of a task, that needs bigger message exchanges?

I will appreciate any help very much!

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Dmitry Mozolev