Re: cooling, heating and temperature oscillation

From: David Riethmiller <rieth_at_phy.ohiou.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:25:46 -0400

Dear Gadget list,

I'm wondering if anyone has had success implementing the Exact
Integration scheme described in Townsend 2009 ApJS 181:391 into
Gadget. I know that Gadget cooling can be unstable unless an implicit
cooling scheme is used, but I wonder if this newer algorithm is easier
to use, and might avoid the iterative scheme necessary for implicit
time-integration?

Thanks,
Dave

David A. Riethmiller
Ph.D. Candidate, Astrophysical Institute
Ohio University